Monday, September 24th, 2012
Remember how I said last time...."Not much going on here"... My poor poor sweet baby took a little turn with his sicknesses. His DayCare called us on Wednesday to say he was running a high fever so I left work drove REALLY fast to get him and went straight to the Dr. It was confirmed that he had a double ear infection. Another round of antibiotics and we were sent on our way. Chad kept him home Thursday and I stayed home Friday. Had fever both days around 102. By Friday we started to see the light at the end of the tunnel....no fever by 5:30pm WOOOOOHOOOO! WOOOO-Wrong!
We checked on him throughout Friday night to see if he was running fever. I checked him a little after 1:00 AM 98.9 temperature. Great! Around 2:00 I heard him coughing (like a different dry-couldn't really breath cough and little moans) got up to check on him took temp and it read 105!!! And he was on fire and started crying like crazy. Chad jumped up and we took off for the ER. Went to the one closest to our house-(we will def re-think this next time for sure)
| Just breaks my heart i've never seen him frown before |
They finally got is temp down but wanted to run some tests to rule things out. Ordered a chest xray that we almost walked away from. Thank goodness we didn't cause they found out he has pneumonia! So the double ear infection and the pneumonia was what caused the temp to go so high. We left and headed home and a few hours later we headed back to his peditricians saturday clinic. They put him on another stronger antibiotic! Fingers crossed and lots of prayers! Still currently running a fever.....
So with all that said.........while we were in the ER they wheeled in a gunshot victim that had multiple gunshot wounds to the......get this.....penis........Girlfriend shot him! They promplty put the hospital on lockdown and we could hear the poor guy moaning for a hot second until they knocked him out......Lets just say Chad basically ran out the door when they released us. CRAZY!!!!
man, oh man.......how do I respond to this?? killing....KILLING me that I'm so far away and can't help ya'll. and you're right...NEVER seen that baby frown. EVER. ya'll did everything right and the meds will turn it all around. I just know it. Plz send me pic soon of him feeling good again...
ReplyDeleteSo proud of what great parents ya'll are!
and plz tell mr. austin to not do this stuff again until his YaYa is INSIDE the country. or how bout not do it at all again?!!!!!
big, big hugs to him AND to mama and daddy
POOR poor baby boy :( I'm praying for yall.
ReplyDeleteOh Rachel, I'm so sorry. I know how scary it is when your baby is sick. I hope he's feeling better now. Love y'all!
ReplyDelete