Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pray for my sweet Daddy!!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My sweet sweet daddy's lil heart gave out on him again this weekend. He had been having chest pain for about 2 weeks and kept thinking it was a "chest cold" I know stubborn men!! So Saturday afternoon he started feeling that familiar feeling of a heart attack. He was out at a friends place about 45 minutes from home. So he drove like the dickens (again stubborn, I know) called my mom when he was 5 minutes away and said "call 911 I'm having a heart attack".......and hung up...

Needless to say my mother was panicked..even though she is a pro at this. Thankfully a friend of the family is staying with my parents right now, Gary, and he was able to help...God really does put people in place for times like this. The ambulance came for dad.. and mom....well after trying to take her dog with her and doing a donut in the front yard, ended up beating the ambulance to the hospital!! (this doesn't happen, my mother is the safest driver on earth!) Chad and I were luckily in town this weekend and able to be with mom and dad.

He is doing much better. They put 3 stents in yesterday and although he is a bit soar he is laughing and cutting up like always. Thank you all so much for all the prayers, thoughts, calls, messages....Prayers were defiantly answered!

I love my daddy with every piece of me and it is not time for him to go!
Please pray and think of him while he recovers.

4 comments:

  1. sending the mojo every single day! and stubborn? oh, I beg to disagree.....goes waaaaaay beyond stubborn!!!! I lectured him the other day....along with every other person he knows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know he told me..he said "saw your mother-in-law the other day...she got on to me.." Hahahaha! He deserves it! Thanks crazy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry Rachel. I'm sending good thoughts your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly and Joe OmwegMarch 3, 2011 at 12:32 AM

    Our love Rach! Joe and I are thinking of your whole family with prayers and hopes for a speedy recovery for your sweet Daddy!! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete